OP-101 is a hydroxyl dendrimer therapeutic (HDT) with N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) that selectively targets reactive macrophages and microglia, which are responsible for hyperinflammation, lung injury and multi-organ failure caused by viral or bacterial infections.
D-4517.2 is an HDT with potent anti-angiogenic activity inhibiting VEGFR/PDGFR that crosses the blood-retinal barrier and selectively targets reactive inflammatory cells.
OP-801 is a hydroxyl dendrimer (HD) imaging agent that provides information on uptake of HDs across tissue barriers including the blood- brain barrier. [18F]-OP-801 selectively targets reactive microglia in regions of neuroinflammation in neurodegenerative diseases, including amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
Engine Rapidly Delivers Breakthrough Therapies
Opening the Therapeutic Window
- Uptake only in reactive inflammatory cells at site of disease (no off target toxicity)
- Renal excretion – no liver uptake or metabolism
- Rapid clearance (<1-2 days in humans) with retention in cells for up to a month (less systemic exposure)
- Human demonstration of HDT with drug that is normally toxic
- HD-Aurastatin E (D-4532) did not result in observed toxicity at 10x doses of Aurastatin E that were lethal in mice after systemic administration